These valuable tips for Trikke protection will assistance reduce incidents and protect against setbacks that will hold you from absolutely taking pleasure in your Trikke scooter.
The Trikke Basic safety Don’ts:
1. Do not use your Trikke scooter for off-street things to do nor when it truly is soaked outside, and don’t ride through puddles if you can assistance it. The polyurethane tires of most Trikke versions can skid on the damp pavement or on highway debris and bring about you to shed manage. And bumps can bring about a spill as effectively, providing you a terrible situation of road rash, make you curse by yourself or your Trikke : or even even worse! Very seriously although, be intelligent and harmless!
Wet surfaces and h2o will lessen the traction on the polyurethane wheels, leading to your Trikke scooter to veer off class. Also, a slippery wheel can make the Trikke brakes ineffective.
2. When stationary, under no circumstances lean back again or pull back on the handlebars except the brakes are used. That is, until you want to execute a somersault with your vehicle, as that can be the unwelcome finale to your Trikke riding profession! 🙂
3. Don’t be tempted to ride your Trikke fingers-absolutely free. You need both equally hands to control the Trikke since its front wheels are basically intended to path the fork, thus creating the handlebars to change in the route that you’re leaning the motor vehicle. This just about assures an unwelcome Trikke crash if you choose to try the “Seem Ma, No Hands” maneuver that is quite quickly attained on a bicycle.
4. Jerking your Trikke handlebars forwards and backwards does not trigger the Trikke to shift ahead alternatively, it can induce your Trikke scooter to roll out from below you.
5. When rolling, do not move the steering column, only the handlebars, as this may perhaps compromise the usefulness of your brakes.
6. Steer clear of unexpected sharp turns and never lean much too a great deal on the handlebars when turning unless you want your Trikke scooter to all of a sudden quit and ship you experience-to start with into the pavement. Primarily we would discourage that 🙂
7. Do not exceed the weight restriction for just about every Trikke product i.e. 150 lbs or 66 kg for Trikke 5 200 lbs or 91 kg for Trikke 6 & 7 and 250 lbs or 114 kg for Trikke 8 & 12.
Hope that helps…